Anti-Virus Spyware Malware Trojan protection
- Open source Password Management
- Open source encryption
- Open source Anti-virus SpyWare Trojan protection
Open Source Solution
- Keepass is a free/open-source password manager or safe which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. Yo
u can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key-disk. So you only have to remember one single master password or insert
the key-disk to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
Open Source Solution
- Axcrypt AxCrypt is used to share and work with stored documents, and e-mail attachments, in a secure man ner. If your documents reside on a document sharing service, intranet or file server AxCrypt is especially well suited and will usually seamlessly integrate, and make sharing and storing sensitive data as easy as not protecting it.
- ByCrypt is a open source cross platform file encryption utility. Encrypted files are portable across all supported operating s ystems and processors. Passphrases must be between 8 and 56 characters and are hashed internally to a 448 bit key. However, all characters supplied are significant. The stronger your passphrase, the more secure your data. In addition to encrypting your data, bcrypt will by default overwrite the original input file with random garbage th ree times before deleting it in order to thwart data recovery attempts by persons who may gain access to your computer. If you're not quite ready for this level of paran oia yet, see the installation instructions below for how to disable this feature.
- FreeOTFE is a free, open source, "on-the-fly" transparent disk encryption program for PCs and PDAs
- CrossCrypt Open Source AES and TwoFish Linux compatible on the fly encryption for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Crosscrypt is an on the fly and offline encryption.
- Gpg4win Gpg4win provides a nicely integrated windowss version fo GNUPG. GnuPG is the GNU project's complete and free implementation of the OpenPGP standard. GnuPG allows to encrypt and sign your data and communication, features a versatile key managment system as well as ac cess modules for all kind of public key directories.
- Truecrypt open-source disk encryption software for Windows Vista/XP/2000 and Linux, Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password.
Personal Security - Malware - Trojan
- Clamwin is an open source anti-virus program for Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/2003 and Vista. ClamWin Free Ant
ivirus comes with an easy installer and open source code. You may download and use it absolutely free of charge. It features:
- High detection rates for viruses and spyware;
- Scanning Scheduler;
- Automatic downloads of regularly updated Virus Database.
- Standalone virus scanner and right-click menu integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;
- Addin to Microsoft Outlook to remove virus-infected attachments automatically.
- SpyBot Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet co vered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your kno wledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your bro wser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Eve n if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging.
- Eraser is an advanced open source security tool (for Windows), which allows you to complete ly remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it several times with carefully selected patterns. Works with Windows 95, 98, ME, N T, 2000, XP, Windows 2003 Server and DOS.